Basement Egress Window
- Excavate the area where the window will be installed
- Saw cut the foundation to size of window
- Install window buck ( steel )
- Install window (vinyl slider) or ( crank open) that meets village code
- Seal all sides of window buck ( waterproofing)
- Install window well drain.
- Fill window well base with stone.
- Final step to back fill area.
The International Residential Code
- For One and Two Family Dwellings,Chapter 3, Section R310 (2000)
- Sill height shall not exceed 44 inches above the floor.
- Minimum net clear opening shall be 5.7 square feet; exception – grade level windows
- A minimum clear opening of 5 square feet.
- Minimum net clear opening height shall be 24 inches.
- Minimum net clear opening width shall be 20 inches.